Posted April 25th, 2008 by phillau
Hi all, I've just received my shipment from Amazon.com! Time to start reading. Here's my list of items, these are definitely recommanded by me for all of you book lovers out there:
1) Phil Hellmuth Presents Read'Em and Reap: A Career FBI Agent's Guide to Decoding Poker Tells, by Joe Navarro. This is a book focusing in nonverbial expressions. Navarro's a FBI specialist and a human lie detector. Read about how he explains tells even professional poker players give away.
2) Harrington on Hold'em Expert Strategy for No Limit Tournaments, Vol 2: End game, by Dan Harrington. Recommanded by my good friend Rich, a very good book on details in tournament strategies, more keyed towards advanced players.
3) Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking, by Malcolm Gladwell. Explains how the human brain makes up your mind for you before you know it.
4) The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable, by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. A very highly regarded author on the matter of randomness. I loved his previous work Fooled by Randomness. This book foretells the possibility of a drastic downturn of the global economy before the subprime crisis submerged. Very insightful and offers an alternative way of thinking to the improbables.
5) Heroes, Vol.1, by Tim Sale. A compilation of the Graphic Novels of the TV series Heroes. Each Graphic Novel complements an episode of the series. I LOVE THIS SHOW!
Looks like I'll have my hands full for the weekend!