Monday, October 20, 2008

Donked Out Bad

Posted April 23rd, 2008 by phillau

Hi guys, first off, apologies for not writing about last Saturday's tournament until now. I've been waiting until the fume clears and I can finally calm down before I describe what a horrible outing it was.

So there I was, playing in the 14 handed, 2-tables rebuy tournament. I got knocked out very early on, but I lost most of my chips in this one hand. I had JJ, and I had about 3000 chips with blinds being 50/100. One person limped and I raised it to 350. SB called and limper folded. Flop comes 789 rainbow. SB checked and I bet 475. SB called. The turn is another 7. I actually liked the 7 more than I hated it. I wasn't really worried about SB holding a 7, but if he had top two he would've been counterfeited. I went all in. He thought about it for about a minute, and he called! He showed A8 which is ridiculous. He called all-in for ALL HIS CHIPS with second pair. What the hell was on his mind!? Obviously I floored my JJ and the river comes.... an 8. All hell broke loose. I was so pissed I got up ready to leave the table, only to be reminded that I still had 700 left. This is unbelievable. What an idiot. He called with a stupid medium pair and hit his river. And then the thing that pissed me off the most is, he said he saw it coming. I was like, WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN YOU SAW IT COMING? JUST ADMIT YOU'RE A LUCKY MUTHAFUCKING IDIOT AND GET ON WITH IT. He kept his mouth shut and head down afterwards, but what's done is done. It's war. All I know is, he better not show up for another game, or I'll personally break him. I swear.

It's these idiots who pay you off in the long run, but it's just so sick. As Hellmuth would put it, "these IDIOTS can't even SPELL poker." What an insult to my game to be on the same table with them. I would happily play a $100k Heads-Up cash game this idiot, on the condition that he can't quit until one of us gets cleaned out. Gosh, it's just so sick.

Enough ranting, for this upcoming tournament I'll play my best damn poker. Bad calls can only be profitable in the long run, I'll try to keep that in mind.

No comments: