Monday, October 20, 2008

Luck is more than about hitting those two-outers...

Posted August 3rd, 2008 by phillau

So I'm sitting on my couch today on a Sunday morning reading... all of a sudden I came to the realization that just how fucking lucky I am. And I'm not talking about poker or anything on that scale... It's about life in general... It's just fulfilling to be sitting in my flat with a pleasant view, reading a good book, listening to my favorite DVD concert, with my lovely dog lying right beside me, and a bright sunshine outside... what more can anyone ask for? It's pretty mind-numbing living in a place like Hong Kong, where everything's just so damn materialistic. It seems to matter here to be aggressive and live hard and play hard... it can be easy to miss how fortunate I am... but it doesn't have to be this way... it can really be as good just laying it low and living it easy....

it's probably a good feeling of many things combined... not having to worry about living, my career, my poker career, a great partner who loves and understands me... this is just great.... and i strongly believe feeling good in general has a great impact of doing well in poker... =)

p.s. this saturday at 8pm, Pokerstars Macau will have their first $100k guaranteed tournament for a buy in of just $2500HKD. I'll be there. Come join me.

No comments: